.cbs .cbc files

Discussion in 'Software' started by kilroy357, Oct 2, 2005.

1. kilroy357

kilroy357 Private E-2

can anyone tell me how i can read these files instead of looking at it like this...ù•Ñ)ai—*Ë àsP.JÆ';^×]ÒöGÊÝM
    Ÿ›ï^ý‡Åþ ‘Ü·,¾ ûkjØÊmøl8ãƒè>ÕBdß1ä\Ü.¼º+ØíeŸïˆ. i would greatly appreciate this.

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

:cool: Did You Try Windows Notepad Or Wordpad?
    They Might Work.

3. kilroy357

kilroy357 Private E-2

yea thats how it all looks, its from a ps2 game that i put on my computer. only the name of the game is readable.

4. earlthemailman

earlthemailman Corporal

yeah, i dont think that is technically legal... why do you have it on your pc?

5. kilroy357

kilroy357 Private E-2

i wasnt told anything like it was illegal, i just wanted to read the file, its a saved game is all it is.

6. earlthemailman

earlthemailman Corporal

i dont know if it is illegal, but it's pretty close to piracy. that's probably not what you were doing, but just saying.

7. kilroy357

kilroy357 Private E-2

i can understand that, all i wanted to do was read the file and see if i can tweak some numbers with it. just for myself

8. earlthemailman

earlthemailman Corporal

i have no idea. you know that to play it once you put it back on a dvd you need a mod chip in your ps2 right?

9. kilroy357

kilroy357 Private E-2

nope didnt know that not all that smart with computers, but i didn't want to make another dvd of the game when i save it on the memory card i have a codebreaker cd and it allows me to download the saved game file on to a jump drive and then i can download the saved game on the computer. i just wanted to see what was on the memory card to see if i was able to do what i wanted.

10. earlthemailman

earlthemailman Corporal

oh! i thought you were putting the actual game one yoru computer. nevermind anything i said then. just google the file types, and see what comes up.

11. X-Raider

X-Raider Private E-2

The original poster did not explain himself properly. The files in question (.cbs .cbc files) are for the CodeBreaker cheat device for the Playstation 2. CBS is a game save (transferred from the Playstation 2 memory card through the device to a USB pen drive to a PC - and vice versa). CBC is a CodeBreaker code file, that being a file with codes for a particular game that you download from the official Codebreaker site, transfer to a USB pen drive, and through the CodeBreaker device add to the list of CodeBreaker codes you have saved on your Playstation memory card.

Personally, I would love it if there were a way to read/write/edit CBC files.

As for CBS files, you can read/write/edit/convert them using PS2 Save Builder:

http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=74

12. kilroy357

kilroy357 Private E-2

i was told that by someone else as well but i cant figure out how to really, it still looks like this  DB  d¢ ® ñV·xPAAO AWPL  AYPLÐ BDEFpD BKICˆ\ BKPRj BOFFØ€ BQTR ± BSCSø³ BTES°Ç cINFèÏ DRINxÐ DROS$Ñ DRPL¼Ñ DRRS¤Ò DRTMÓ FDAU„Ó FDNF<Ô FDPLèÔ FDRSp× FDTMè× GPPS@Ø IRSTÙ IWUL€Ù MLASÝ MOINðà MLINlá MOPTÀá NEPO4ä OWNRL. very confusing for me

13. kilroy357

kilroy357 Private E-2

and also do you have to do any hex editing or does the save builder do it all for you, if so can you try to explain how i could do it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds