Links

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kemper1989, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

How do I make a Link to another page that just shows only a GIF?
    The reason for this is because its dimensions are big and look better when its like that.
    Its probably a simple problem but im very tired.

2. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

Your making a webpage and you cant do this!!

Anyway its a simple solution. Create the page with the GIF only then add the following code where ever u want on the original page to make a link to it:

<a href="address of GIF page here">link name</a>

this will make a clickable link (ie. link name) to the address specified.

Quite simple.

3. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

ya, I already figured it out last night, it wasn't working before because the link I put in or something.

4. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

u can always make the image smaller by adding width="your specified height" and height="your specified height" before the URL. This will automatically resize the image for you.

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

but the physical byte size will not change.. so don't do it with large images that take a while to load.

6. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

yeah, just if u need it to fit like around text or something, its useful because youd ont have to go back into photoshop or w/e you use to change the whole pixel size and everything.

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I would.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds