your favourite cordless optical mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GrammawNewbie, Jun 10, 2010.

1. GrammawNewbie

GrammawNewbie Private E-2

Hello, all, I've done a Search or two on the boards here and learned a bit about the options, but would like responses from people who either LOOOOVE or HATE! their optical wireless mouse.

What brand do you advise as a good one (comfortable, doesn't die in a year, good battery use, etc)? With what brands have you become disgusted?

Thanks to any who offer opinions. My corded mouse is so old that it has a ps-2 plug. Time for something fresher, and yes I do clean it and change mouse pads often. Often. Sigh.

2. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

Logitech g7 is my favorite :) Great gaming mouse and also comes with 2 rechargeable swappable batteries.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

4. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

5. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

My problem is I am right handed but I use my mouse with my left hand. I don't like contoured mouses for that reason. I use the MS Wireless Mouse 5000 on my desktop and am very happy with it. I use a Logitech V450 Nano on my notebook. One thing I really like about the Nano is the "tilt" feature on the scroll wheel that selects "Back". I keep finding myself trying to backup with the MS mouse in that way, but it does not support it. :(

6. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

7. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

That looks like a nice, reasonably priced, combo, in case she might be interested in getting a combo.

GrammawNewbie, if you've looked at the mice on the market by now, you know they come in a wide range of price and features. If you have any retailers nearby, such as Best Buy, Staples, etc., I suggest visiting and getting your hands on their demo models. Also, reviews posted by buyers on websites such as amazon.com and newegg.com might be helpful in deciding.

I have an older Logitech keyboard/mouse combo which goes by combo model # LX 500 (the mouse model is simply called Cordless Click! Plus). I like both devices very much but my mouse is hard on batteries. However, don't take that as a general statement on Logitech's mouse battery life. It depends more on the model of mouse, not the brand. I have another Logitech mouse (model V220) that I use with my laptop and it is quite good on battery life.

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I prefer small laptop mice.
    My favorite: Ziotech because if the rechargeable batteries die, I can unwind the cord attached to the USB receiver and charge it through the USB while still being able to use the mouse so there is no down time and I do not have to travel with spare batteries.
    Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a place to buy one any more.
    http://www.epinions.com/t-ziotek-wireless-mouse
    the first item is it.

My next favorite is a Benq
    http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-M310-Optical-Wireless-Mouse/dp/B0002I724M
    which also seems unavailable. The receiver slides into the body of the mouse so it is really easy to travel with.

9. GrammawNewbie

GrammawNewbie Private E-2

Thx to all for opinions. Am still open to others who want to sound off.

I did check customer reviews at amazon and best buy, but the variety of opinions still left me a bit confused. I saw good things about Logitech Mediaplay Cordless Mouse but again a mixed bag.

MajorGeeks is my go-to place for anything computerish that I need to know.

I am right-handed, so contour is not a problem. I used to configure my mouse for left-handed grandkids and don't mind using it that way, but I can see that the shape would be problematic for a southpaw.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds