Realtek AC'97 Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by adam98090, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam98090

adam98090 Private E-2

I have recently purchased a new laptop and i noticed that i couldn't get the sound working. I realised that i had to unistall the Realtek AC'97 Audio driver and then reinstall it to make it work. The problem is evertime the computer is turned off and turned back on i have to unistall it and reinstall it for the audio to work. Why is this happening?

Thanks

2. Doomster

Doomster Private E-2

The Realtek AC'97 is an integrated audio soundcard (built into your motherboard) and should only need the audio sound drivers installed for this hardware component to work. If you have to reinstall the drivers everytime you turn it on then there is an IRQ conflict or memory hardware address problem that exists. Try upgrading your motherboard drivers first (REBOOT) then your Realtek AC'97 drivers(REBOOT) or just your Realtek AC'97 drivers and REBOOT then restart your laptop and see if that works...good luck

3. koma77

koma77 Private E-2

I have the exact same problem with my Realtek AC'97 sound. But I have an ABIT mobo.
    Did you find any way to get rid of the problem???

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If sound is onboard the mobo, goto manufacturers site and get the specific driver they issue for either laptop or mobo ( Abit in your case Koma, just search their Support and Drivers section for your mobos model version ) , the drivers may or most likely will not be the latest ones from Realtek but they will be the most compatible.

Reson is that some motherboard or laptop makers, alter the drivers or have a OEM company like Realtek alter the chips to their spec so sometimes the original companies default drivers don't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds