downloading problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by rustoman49, Dec 19, 2014.

1. rustoman49

rustoman49 Private E-2

Hi, I have been having a problem downloading almost anything, it starts and seems to download but then at the end it says it was unable to download. I have turned off avg but it still does this, Any suggestions?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?
    Which Browser and version are you using?

I would start off with booting into Safe Mode with Networking and then try downloading a file, does it work?

I would also as a matter of course run the following READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) but remember if you wish to attach logs from the guide then do so in a new thread in our malware forum and if they give you the all clear and you are still having download problems then re-visit this thread again.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?
    Which Browser and version are you using?

I would start off with booting into Safe Mode with Networking and then try downloading a file, does it work?

I would also as a matter of course run the following READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) but remember if you wish to attach logs from the guide then do so in a new thread in our malware forum and if they give you the all clear and you are still having download problems then re-visit this thread again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds