Hulo A Few Questions, Please

Discussion in 'Software' started by homer78, Mar 23, 2015.

1. homer78

homer78 Private First Class

I'm interested in making my computer run the faster.....
    so I was at Walmart and got a "Win Cleaner/one click"
    http://www.amazon.com/WinCleaner-Click-Professional-Clean-Version/dp/B0045OVQP0

I am cautious, so I looked online for other stuff and I downloaded CCleaner from here

I can't tell if these programs do the same thing or not?

my internet provider tells me to get better speeds(right now Im getting an average of
    3.3mbps down and
    1.5 up
    ping 400

I have win 7(64)
    8gig Ram
    amd fx4310 quad core

2. homer78

Gotcha
    I know what I'm doing...I'm returning that "thing" and sticking to ccleaner
    thank you

3. homer78

is a computer that has
    windows 8
    intel core i7-4500U cpu @1.8GHz, * GB ram
    faster than mine

4. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

Compared to the fx4130 (with the same amount of RAM in both machines), the i7 is about 10% slower than your current PC. This is neglecting OS differences. Haven't used 8.1, so I don't know what if any improvement the OS would create over W7...

Passmark benchmarks (higher is better):
    amd fx4130->4156
    intel core i7-4500U->3801

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Your down and upload speeds have far more to do with how you connect to the internet rather than your PC specs or any software you are using. Can you elaborate on that?

6. homer78

I connect via ethernet cord that runs from the Google Fiber network box to connector(RJ45 Female Cat5e Ethernet Network Connector Adapter Joiner Coupler) to my ethernet port on my computer
    -I dont directly connnect to the network box because when I'm not at my computer, I see no reason to have my computer "online"(connected)
    I use windows 7
    my browser is firefox 43

My biggest issues with google fiber,
    which currently (~12AM monday) gives me speeds of ping=1ms DL 787MBPS and UL 948
    are
    :my iphone 6, using wifi, loses connection a few times an hours and only gets speeds 30-50mbps
    my tivo can't use the giga speeds(I'm going to eventually up grade from a tivo 4 series to a tivo Bolt, which can use giga speeds)

I need a computer that has no issues having 12+ tabs open without "crashing" or stalling....
    I know litle about ideal RAM/what chip to use, or why my computer is constantly wanting to update crap
    I prefer windows XP

7. Earthling

Do you have a wifi option? If so test the speeds using that. If no wifi option try connecting directly to your 'network box'. Just trying to eliminate possibilities here.

8. homer78

I'm not understanding what a "wifi option" iks?
    I use wifi for my phone
    and connect directly with my computer
    I'm unclear on what you are asking?

9. Earthling

I'm asking if it would be possible to connect wirelessly to your network box - router? If so, try it.

What does this mean? If you are connecting via some other switch try bypassing it temporarily

10. homer78

for wifi?
    THere is no switch at all, nothing, its wifi?
    The "switch" isnt really a switch, it;s a female+female connector to allow to different ethernet cords to connnect

11. homer78

I do connect directly to the network box, via wifi and when plugged in via ethernet cord

the issue is the wifi

12. Earthling

Sorry, hadn't seen your last post. What are the speeds like when you connect with your phone?

13. homer78

Let me explain it all
    I have google fiber
    I connect to the network box with my computer via ethernet cord

my phone only uses wifi, only my phone will lose connection(google or the game I play on my phone willl tell me"no internet connection")
    and I'll have to turn my phone to airplane mode and then back to wifi(wireless) to re-establish connectivity
    that's my problem I have, WHY does it drop connection?
    my phone is a apple iphone ios 8,
    the connection issue has happened back when I had ios 6 and 7 or whatever
    speed test on my phone varies, but usually is about 40 up and down

14. homer78

ok so I contacted google fiber and what they think the problem is is that I'm broadcasting from their network box 2 channels and my phone gets confused a lot
    so I need to turn off one channel
    I did
    now my phone connects 120down and 210 up
    HOLY COW havent had disconect issues yet

15. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Good for you! :)

16. homer78

thanks, I talked to Fiber a few times about my slow speeds for wifi(30up/down) is slow when you consider that s 3% of what my hard wired(non-wireless) speed is
    so now I get 10% of my wired speed....not a big number, BUT over 3 times what i used to get and how fast do you need internet to be?

17. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

18. homer78

ok I got it and I'm using it, but how does it make CCleaner look like it did nothing?

19. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Wise Disk Cleaner goes further to remove more junk time after time. Jet Clean also offers a memory booster, startup manager and more.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds