CSS - nested div position

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ctrl+Alt+Del, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Ctrl+Alt+Del

Ctrl+Alt+Del Private E-2

Hi,

The problem i have is a positioning a length of vertical lines on the right hand side of the screen (at the moment they persist on appearing on the left, even when using float: right) .

Im reasonably sure im missing something fairly easy here that makes it either impossible or not so obvious. It could be the structure of my divs or some of the css.

What i would like to get...

A web page with 2 columns (one fixed width the other variable) of the same height, the fixed width column having a repeating backgound for its entire height.

Attached is some code of a test page Iv been working on (it works in IE6 and NN7) with embedded CSS. Please check it out. What I wwould like to happen is the lines on the left to appear between the red and blue borders on the right.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Ctrl+Alt+Del

Ctrl+Alt+Del Private E-2

Opps!

Forgot to mention the columns are of variable height

3. Ctrl+Alt+Del

Ctrl+Alt+Del Private E-2

Sorry all..... again

The attachment on the first post is the wrong file. Here is the correct file.

By the way... wheres the edit button? I see the quick reply, quote etc but no edit button and i am registered and logged in. Any thoughts?

But now I see an edit button on this post (message 7 overall)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  4. Ctrl+Alt+Del

Ctrl+Alt+Del Private E-2

I've worked it out! :D

After a few hours sleep and a look through my trusty CSS book I got it to do what i wanted, and its all valid CSS and markup

Thanks to the people that had a go at this. If you want to see how I got around the problem, I have posted the code too (only tested in IE6 and NN7). :cool:

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds