I need help with programming...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jay123, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Jay123

Jay123 Private E-2

Hello there,

Can anybody write a simple program to format drive c:???
    What I have in mind is small program which can compare the system clock and for example in 7-14 days can execute himself and format c: drive completely clean before the computer actually start? I know is not possible to format c: if is already running OS - XP

Thanx

2. bruceski

bruceski Private E-2

http://www.bootdisk.com/ go here and simply use a disk already out there for you.
    fdisk and/or format commands included on disks. Simply insert disk, change SETUP boot option to floppy disk first on PC; reboot; from A:\ [type format x:\]
    "x:\" represents desired drive to format.

Best luck, Ski

3. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

:mad: This appears to be a rather strange request. Might this be a hacker trying to figure our another way to screw with out systems?

If not, questions on programming belong in the Programming forum not the Networking forum.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Yeah sounds a lot like somthing my friend and I used to do to school computers with batch files to irritate people. Other than irritating technicians... why? The one legit reason i could see to do that was if C was a documents drive or somthing, and you didnt want the machine to keep doc files from someones username every week..

5. Genius Boy

Genius Boy The Examinator

And even then you can still recover the documents if all you do is format the drive.

6. Ciz

Ciz Corporal

Adding nag screens to pay would be a better, and much more effective in getting your money rather than a court case... thats what I think anyway...

But still at the end of the day, if you client knew that something like that was on, it would be real easy to disable anyway.

You might be better of with a large hammer ;) (joking, dont go doing that :D)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds