trying to host a game server off my 2nd pc

Discussion in 'Software' started by noobieeeeee, Dec 24, 2004.

1. noobieeeeee

noobieeeeee Private E-2

ok im having a problem trying to run an americas army server off my spare pc.
    i have two pcs on the same LAN.(not on a router, it blew so now im using my old netgear ethernet hub).
    the specs on my 1st PC are..
    windows XP home
    P4 3.2 ghz
    1536mb dual channel DDR ram
    radeon 9800 pro
    160gb HD

the specs for the 2nd PC are..(this is the one i want to run the server on)
    windows XP home
    P4 1.6 ghz
    512mb DDR
    radeon 9200 se(crappy card but i dont think that matters)
    40gb HD

ok... i can play americas army fine on both computers,both online at the same time.and i can host a server on my 1st pc fine.but when i try to run it on my 2nd one it seems to start the server up fine when i double click the runserver.bat file.(it goes through all the same text in dos that it did on my 1st pc) but when i try to connect to the server.i never can. ive tried getting others to connect to it ..and nothing.it seems that the server is running fine but nobody can connect.i just did a fresh reformat on the 2nd pc and it has no firewalls. any ideas?? any other info you need??

2. noobieeeeee

noobieeeeee Private E-2

ok update...
    after some trial and error... the server only starts up if ther is someone in the "waiting to connect screen" waitin to connect to my server right when i start it up.

3. noobieeeeee

noobieeeeee Private E-2

hmmmm nobody can help me?? :rolleyes:

4. noobieeeeee

noobieeeeee Private E-2

well sry to say but this site blows...
    not one response to my question..what a big waste of my time commin back every hour to look for an answer to my question... :rolleyes:

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Well, it's not like people are paid for coming here and helping you. Besides, maybe no one knows how to fix it? It's been viewed 43 times, so people are actually looking at it.

6. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

Haven't run an AAO server in a long time. I forget what the min specs are for the server, are you sure 1.6 is enough horsepower?

Also have you tried the forums at AAO? There are tons of server guys over there that can probably figure this out for you in a snap.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds