Replaced fuser, won't print

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XJETGIRLX, Jun 14, 2007.

1. XJETGIRLX

XJETGIRLX Private E-2

Hi, we have a Samsung CLP 600N laser printer. It began displaying a message to "replace fuser soon" so we ordered and subsequently installed a new fuser. However, the message never cleared from the display. Now, the printer won't print at all.

Is there anything simple we can do/check to make the printer recognize that the fuser has been replaced and start printing again? Just want to make sure I check everything before we call in someone to repair.

Thanks!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Not familiar with your model of printer, but many machines that I've had to do maintenance work on require that you clear the warning after you are complete.

Have you looked through the menus for anything of the sort?

I've also had a case where the warning message has told me that I need to replace the fuser when the engine control board is gone... depending on who your part vendor is, you might be able to check with their technicians to see if this is at all common for your printer.

We use Parts Now!, you might try asking them, they're pretty good about answering little questions. (Especially if you hint that the right answer might lead to an order... heh)

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I'd second that. First try to clear the error then move on with the troubleshooting.
    I had an Hp do the same, according to fixyourownprinter.com it could of been the fuser or controller board. So I went the inexpensive way (it need a service anyway) and replace the fuser, etc in a service kit and it was the controller board. Ya never really know.

4. XJETGIRLX

XJETGIRLX Private E-2

Aha! Thanks for the info, I'll check with Parts Now and see what I can find.

Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds