Router and Local Area Connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by -Rebel_Raver-, Jan 14, 2006.

1. -Rebel_Raver-

-Rebel_Raver- Private E-2

So i got my new computer, connected up the main one with the router, put in the ip of the local area connection (router connection) that it gave me on the instruction manual. It didnt work! I noticed that the ip had a 1. at the end but on the connections it had a 2. so i changed it.... thats when hell came to earth.

It said some error about the ip address and another computer, (i think it was refurring to my new one) and it just went mad and i couldnt put my ip into the url bar to get the set up page anymore.... i really need the set up page otherwise my new comp has no internet. Ive been setting this up for hours and i think ive managed to totaly bugger it up. The ip is now 0.0.0.0 so i renewed it.... didnt work.

I went on run>cmd> ipconfig/release and it changed itbut i still cant get onto the set up page thingy.

Its a 3com wireless router.

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

What model router do you have?
    Is there a reset button or switch on the router? That might get you back to factory defaults and you can start over.

3. -Rebel_Raver-

-Rebel_Raver- Private E-2

ive done that and its a 3com wireless router

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Do you have a specific model #?
    I'm familiar with the Linksys, not 3Com. I went to the 3Com site and there are several different families of routers.:rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds