annoying problem I can't fix...help, please!

Discussion in 'Software' started by ballth, Feb 2, 2006.

1. ballth

ballth Private E-2

Whenever I click on my folders, they used to simply open. Nowadays when I click on a folder, the search panel opens. In order to open the folder, I have to right click and choose "open" from the drop down menu. (I have also noticed that "search" is listed at the top of the drop down menu, but "open" used to be at the top.) How can I get this changed back to simply open a folder by just clicking on it? I don't know how this got changed in my system. I just know it is very annoying. Can somebody please help this newbie?
    Thanks,
    ballth

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi and welcome to MajorGeeks.

Download THIS file to your desktop, double-click then Yes.

3. ballth

ballth Private E-2

Insomniac,
    Glad to be aboard.
    I did it and it worked! Thanks for the help and the quick reply!!
    One question...when I first clicked on the icon, my antivirus software claimed this was a "malicious script". I ran it anyway. This was in no way harmful to my system was it?
    ballth

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

No, I wouldn't have suggested it if it was.

I should have warned you about that.

The antivirus thinks it's suspicious because it has similar properties to a virus.

Your problem was caused by a corrupt Registry entry.

This script replaces those corrupt fiiles so the folder association is corrected.

You can open it in Notepad if you want to see the contents.

Anyway, glad it worked.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds