PCI Driver/Realtek Audio Driver problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Oscuro, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Oscuro

Oscuro Private E-2

(Before I begin, yes I did read other people's threads based on problems similiar to mine but it did not help.)

I have an Intel Desktop Motherboard DQ35JO and have gone to the official Intel website to download and install the updated BIOS and drivers needed for my motherboard. My OS is XP Professional Service Pack 3.

Every driver installs fine except the High Def Audio Realtek driver. I've done so many things and I still cannot get the the problem fixed. Not to mention, my Device Manager keeps popping up telling me that it cannot find nor install the "PCI Driver" hardware.

Can anyone help? I've done so much and I still have no sound and no sound driver. Odd thing is, sound worked really fine before on another hard drive of mine that had XP Professional Service Pack 3 installed (which has gone to crap because certain startup files were missing (vgaoem.something)). But on this new hard drive that I recently bought AND installed XP Professional Service Pack 3 on, the sound driver is not installing or updating correctly.

2. Oscuro

Oscuro Private E-2

Never mind.

The information in this thread helped me out. It didnt work the first time around, but I tried it out another time and it worked completely.

Thank you musksnipe.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds