Just cannot reinstall System

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Luckyjfl, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl Private E-2

Hi, I was having a bit of trouble with my new Asrock motherboard, so I decided to do a format and reinstalle the whole system. I now find halfway through, it freezes the mouse and the keyboard. then when I even try to boot up from the windows cd, it just goes past it. It come back to the part where it froze before. It will not allow me to install another system. I contacted Asrock and was told to reset the bios, which I did. That did not work. I changed the , Graphics card, the hard drives, and checked the Ram. But still no good. I would appreciate any advise please, before I decide it actually is the motherboard which is the culprit, and send it back.

Thank you.

Lucky

Asrock 4CoreDuel-Sata2 R2 Motherboard
    Intel Pentium (R) DCPU 3.00 GHZ 64 Bit Processor
    ATI Radium HD 4670 Graphics card
    2 Gig 667 RAM
    500 GIG Sata HD

2. born2golf

born2golf Private E-2

I am not a certified tech but have you tried re-install in safe mode? Pull the plug on printer, usb ports and just keep you monitor and mouse/keyboard running.
    Been there and done that but again, I am not a cert. tech.

3. Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl Private E-2

I was attempting to do a clean install, but it will not let me. I tried only having one or two things connected, but no good.It gets to the screen where you have to press any button to boot off the cd, then it flys past it and goes back to the part where it froze before. I will however try safe mode again. Cheers.

Lucky

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Do you have access to another machine or does a friend have a machine to install your drive as slave?
    If so, do it.Then go to Disk Manager, delete the partition or entire drive, reformat, remove and reinstall in your machine.
    Then try your install.

5. Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl Private E-2

cheers Hrlow, I will try that asap.

Lucky

6. Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl Private E-2

Hi, it would appear that the other machine is not set up tp take a Sata HD, so I cannot format it on there. I am going to format an ide and try to set that up as primary, then if that works, format the Sata HD as a Slave.
    Cheers

Lucky

7. Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl Private E-2

A bit of good news. The company I had the Asrock motherboard off have agreed for me to return it for inspection. I will now wait and see how it goes. Thanks for all the help and advice I received.
    All the best.

Lucky

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds