Access Violation Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Playperson, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Playperson

Playperson Private E-2

Hi,

Every time I start my laptop computer an error message comes up that reads:

access violation at address 00513DB7 in module 'xdc.exe'. read of address 00000000.

I have absolutely no idea what this is about. If anyone can help me sort it out I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

Neil.

2. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

I looked up xdc.exe and it seems to be related to Xtreme Desktops. Do you have that installed? Have you tried going in thru Safe mode and uninstalling it? Or there may be a conflict between what your graphics is trying to do and what the Xtreme Desktop can actually handle. Just for the heck of it try holding the CTRL key while you boot, its the standard reset key for graphics that is used when overclocking too much prevents the PC from booting. Not to say you overclocked or anything but resetting your graphics to standard may solve the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds