Flash Player (among other) Problem(s)

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Jul 28, 2008.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Hello all - I seem to be having bunches of problems once again (but please keep in mind that I am only about three days out of major spine surgery and in a goodly amount of pain, even though I am fairly-well doped-up - which in itself may be another "problem" here (?) ...).

I am coming to you via IE7, as the Firefox Browser on this PC (my folks PC) has not worked since I uninstalled FF 3.0 and re-installed 2.0.0.13 (I am certain that this PC had 2.0.0.14 at one point - but for whatever reason, 2.0.0.13 is the desktop icon that I have). I uninstalled FF 3.0 because of several problems, the most glaring of which seemed to be a problem connecting to the web, although now it appears that that had more to do with a problem with the ZA Firewall. In any event ...

Flash Player ("Plugin") is most certainly installed on this PC, if I could figure-out how to capture a screenshot of the Add/Remove Program list I surely would post it here, but the program is here - right between "Adobe Flash Player Active X" and "Adobe ShockWave Player". However when I attempt to visit a site (that I have visited before via FF), I get this message: "Oops!
    It looks like you don't have flash player 6 installed. Click here to go to Macromedia download page".

Then, when I attempt to download (the already downloaded) Flash Player - nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds