gif avatars

Discussion in 'Software' started by General_Lee_Stoned, Jan 25, 2004.

1. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

im gutted spent half the day making my new avatar animated quite chuffed with it seeing as im usually crap at any sort of editing anyway go to upload it file too big!
    tried to link it from url on my daughters website yet still says its too big
    8000 limit yet mine comes in at 55000 thats only like 55 kb didnt think it was that big
    how the hell do i make it that small i notice some of the other ones on this site are bigger than 8 kb
    guess ill go and try and make it smaller but i expect ill lose some image quality

any ideas or tips appreciated

2. General_Lee_Stoned

cheers Abbeysue i appreciate that ive cut out a few frames and got it down to 27 kb but im not very good at editing etc in fact this is my first attempt at a gif so im a little embarrased to send it to you in case you laugh :p

but ill send it anyway the original image i used is the one i got at the moment its gone midnight here in the uk so ive got to go to bed ill e-mail it and when you got time perhaps you can do something with it

thanxs a lot :)

3. Ezaxs99

Ezaxs99 Ether Person

Dear General,

That's a pretty spiffy avatar! :p

FYI......for the future......go to: http://www.gifworks.com

It is an Online editor for gif's....you can resize and "see"
    what you have resized to....the actual size is at the bottom
    of the window..... ;)

4. General_Lee_Stoned

yeah thanxs Ezaxs

i have mailed it to Abbeysue im hoping she can do something with it

hopefully she doesnt laugh too much at my ms paint skills im quite proud of it but i expect anybody with graphic skills might have different opinions

thanxs for the link im going to have a look :)

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

looks like he rolled one up.. :D

6. Ezaxs99

Ezaxs99 Ether Person

That's a special inhaler to be used on other planets
    whose respiratory gases might not be agreeable :p

7. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

That's what I always say when ,,,,, uh,,,, nevermind. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds