Remote Control(remote desktop) via USB cable ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jbullock, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Jbullock

Jbullock Private E-2

I am looking for information on how to remotely control my other pc VIA USB cable, Currently I can send and browse files from one to the other(using the software provided with the cable), but I would like to have a direct CAble connection so I can control it like you do with an RA invitation. I have done this via Serial (LPT1) but the connection is soooo slow. The USB cable (I think I have a pc Linq or similar cable) It is usb plug on either end with a little doohickey in the middle (some type of hub or packet traffic controller)It sends files a little better than 900/KB /sec. I want to be able to send files to the other Pute so I can use it for menial tasks such as video encoding and processing other large files where I don't want to tie my regular system up for hours.And I would like to be able to control the other one without having to to have 2 keyboards, monitor , mouse et cetera. I have looked at software such as VNC and similar but all of them assume you want remote via internet or VPN. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated. "get your geek on" Thanks

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Your actual setting is regular Ethernet, you happen to use a special USB cable, but that has nothing to to with remote control.

The easiest and cheapest way is to use VNC.

VNC is for both Local Network and over the Internet. It is very easy to set it for local Remote control.

See here, http://www.ezlan.net/vnc.html

:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds