Stuttering Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ashpash@i12.com, Mar 21, 2007.

1. ashpash@i12.com

ashpash@i12.com Private E-2

Hopefully this is the right place for this post so here goes. I have a problem with my computer stuttering. I'll be playing WOW and its start to stutter in sound and whilst running. When I close the game the problem still continues. I had a look in the Event Manager and I get this message over and over again:

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7036
    Date: 21/03/2007
    Time: 3:02:40 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: OEM-BHF66ZXY7XG
    Description:
    The Pml Driver HPZ12 service entered the stopped state.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have done the usual scans and defrags and there is nothing in the HJT log so I am assuming that its not any form of malware or adware. When this problem starts it will sometimes fix itself after about 3 to 4 stutters but other times the only way to stop it to restart the comp. Whilst stuttering everything slows down.

Anyone have any ideas for me....thanks.

2. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

What kind of soundcard do you use? (model type)

3. ashpash@i12.com

ashpash@i12.com Private E-2

I think its Realtek AC 97 as this is listed under Sounds and Audio Devices (not sure if this is correct as I'm not 100% sure where to find this info).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds