How to test browser for admin rights

Discussion in 'Software' started by hhwwtre, Jan 15, 2008.

1. hhwwtre

hhwwtre Private E-2

I use DropMyRights for launching my browser (Firefox). In Firefox I have an extension (called IsAdmin) that detects the privilege level (admin or less) that Firefox has and displays it in the lower-right corner. Normally it shows that Firefox is running with limited rights (because I use DropMyRights to launch it), but when I try to use DropMyRights with Sandboxie it shows that FF has full admin rights. On the Sandboxie board someone said that the extension could be mistaken and the rights could actually be reduced even though the extension shows admin rights. Does anyone know how I can test the privilege level of my browser?

2. hhwwtre

hhwwtre Private E-2

Got the answer on <edit>.com
    Use Process Explorer (free). Right-click the firefox.exe and click properties. On security tab, BUILTIN\Adminstrators should show Deny,Owner under flags if it's running with limited privileges. Thanks to innerpeace on <edit>.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
  3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Glad you got it figured out :) But let's not openly advertise the competitors' forums, heh ;)

4. hhwwtre

hhwwtre Private E-2

Sorry about that.

On a personal note, Lev, ( warning to readers: if you do not want to tolerate a personal comment...leave now...you have been warned. Besides, people say personal things all the time on these boards so if you're offended then 1. You were warned to change the channel now, and 2. I have a right to my personal feelings and to to express them where others have the right to express theirs, so now if you get offended at what I'm about to say: I don't care )
    I just noticed your ?avatar? that's by your name. I like it and I'm glad to see it. I love when I run across other Christians in normal everyday living. It is encouraging.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds