Please help! New dell "page fault in non page area" error :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by sach_160, Aug 13, 2006.

1. sach_160

sach_160 Private E-2

hi i just got a new dell laptop with its crap setup and HD partitioned:

1st partition: dell utility 80mb
    2nd partition: c 60gb ACTIVE
    3rd partition: d backup 38 gb
    4th partition: something that restores to dell crap setup 2gb

As its a laptop for professional audio only, I repartitioned using PM8 (with intended use in brackets) to:

1st partition - dell utility 80mb
    2nd partition c - 20gb (current audio projects and XP system files) ACTIVE
    3rd partition d - 40 gb (samples)
    4th partition e - 2gb (Audio software)
    5th partition f - 15gb (XP and other software + unallocated at end)

and then tried reinstalling windows xp + sp2 from cd to the f drive (with system files on the active c drive) - with the intention of afterwards, wiping the current dell xp setup c drive....

Unfortunately XP crashes during the install half way through the 'registering components' stage with the message:

"page fault in non paged area"

a load of blurb with the suggestion of turning off shadow and cached in bios and then:

Stop 0x00000060 (0x0EB00000, 0x00000001, 0x805695E8, 0x00000000)

now i did a bit of digging and in event viewer in administrative tools. under system there are some nice red "x"es for when my system blue screened.

For the 3 crashes during installation the error it says is- source:ntfs catagory: disk event: 55
    for the latest crash in windows xp it says - source:service control manager catagory: none event:7036

This crashing has happened 3 times - twice in my attempts to install xp on new g drive, and once just now while running the functioning xp from c drive.

Any suggestions?

Has my partitioning using PM8 gone wrong somewhere? Should I delete this half installed xp on the g drive (and how? is it just a matter of select and delete?), delete my PM8 partitions, and try to partition when asked in xp reinstallation instead... or should i call dell tech help and cry?

please someone help :(

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

First, do you have anything plugged in to it?

3. sach_160

sach_160 Private E-2

hi, i have the power lead plugged in and that is all...

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

My limited experience with tech support is usually "do a restore" or "just reinstall the os" ....well, thanks alot!
    But in this case ...might actually be the sanest choice.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds