Help with AVG/Vista. Cannot access AVG support!

Discussion in 'Software' started by floridasun5, Mar 7, 2007.

1. floridasun5

floridasun5 Private E-2

I hope someone here can help. I have tried to get help on the AVG forum, however you have to register for the forum through the software and I cant get the software to load properly, so I'm between a rock and a hard place. If anyone here can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I just installed Vista. When I try to start AVG free edition anti-virus, I get a license error and prompts to either activate which wants me to enter a license key from a purchase, or reinstall, which I tried, but it doenst work.

Upon reading what I could access from the AVG forum, it says to run the setup program as administrator and uninstall, then reinstall, however it wont uninstall! I have tried to uninstall as admin, I have tried to uninstall the program through my control panel and I have tried to uninstall the program through the uninstall wizard in my programs list. It seems to go through the checking status window and then I just get the uninstallation finished screen, but its still there! I reboot and its still there! Since I cannot get this uninstalled, I keep getting errors on my screen and including multiple errors in my email. The errors say 1. the avg license is not valid, 2. the add in could not be installed or loaded.

Can anyone here PLEASE help??? I dont know what else to do! I just cant figure out how to get this uninstalled so I can re-install it to work right! Thanks!

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Try the steps below.

1. Download the latest AVG Free installation package here, http://www.majorgeeks.com/AVG_Free_Edition_d886.html
    2. Run the AVG Free install file.
    3. Choose the Uninstall option and follow the setup wizard, when you get to the part to remove user settings, select it.
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. Now reinstall AVG using the setup file you got in step 1 and update it.

Steve

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hmm, I just started getting key not valid in my XP with AVG after running perfectly for years. It can't be the same problem, can it?confused

4. floridasun5

floridasun5 Private E-2

Tried that, same issue. Tried uninstalling through control panel, wouldnt work. Tried uninstalling through the program files, wouldnt work. Tried making sure there was nothing running in task manager and then trying all uninstall options again, still doenst work. I just cannot get this removed! So far I'm not impresed with Vista. :cry

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Its only fair to realize that the installer was not coded by Microsoft, so surely it cannot be Vista's fault.

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

You are doing all this under administrator, correct?

Try the install anyway, see if it goes.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds