Games Wont Open

Discussion in 'Software' started by warlordfmike, Sep 19, 2011.

1. warlordfmike

warlordfmike Private E-2

Open games and they dont open with any window but when i check the task manager there is a running .exe of the program but no window open for the program well as very low memory being use by the .exe it self.

for ex, i open battlefield 2 and only opens the bf2.exe and is running in the background ( task manager ) and is only using 8mbs wroth of memory.

i did have a hit of virus awhile back and was able to remove them all, im wondering if at all this could be affect of it. iv had this problem for awhile now. im just wanting to know what could be holding back the program from being opened/launched normal.

2. warlordfmike

warlordfmike Private E-2

another thing i have noticed is that now when i play the game starts to lagg ( offline/single player ) and windows is reporting 100% CPU useage, at worse times same thing but for audio is messing up where it sounds like its tearing or hissing.

its not the GPU or Sound drivers as they have been updated to the lastest, given that its a Toshiba laptop i cant install newer drivers driect from AMD, due to OEM rights claimed by Toshiba.

i have 3 usb ports one of the 2 on the right and 1 on the left sides, the one on the left side suddenly stopped working. but im sure its still listed as there as in device manager it shows three USB mass storage controllers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds