Computer keeps making a clicking sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sp.andreea, Sep 5, 2008.

1. sp.andreea

sp.andreea Private E-2

My computer keeps making a clicking sound just like the sound when you would open a folder, or press the back button in the browser...The sound comes from the speakers, and it sounds louder if I turn up the volume. It's constant and very irritating it clicks once every 10 seconds, even if I don't touch anything.. computer works just fine other than this.. please help

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Private E-2

Let me guess, you have Marvell Raid Tray installed?

If so:

Your temporary fix is to mute the "Start Navigation" sound in your control panel.

Your better temporary fix is to open your task manager and end the raid tray process.

Your permanent solution is to uninstall Marvell Raid Tray until they fix whatever they did that caused it to start happening in the first place.

Atleast that's what it was for me.

Hope it helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds