Network Printer Printing Unwanted Separator Page

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flankadank, Aug 19, 2005.

1. flankadank

flankadank Private First Class

I recently upgraded a computer to Win XP, from 98. I connected it to our network printer and now every print job starts with an unwanted separator page with the user name printed on it.

I looked in the printer's properties and there is nothing listed in the separator page box.

Can anyone give me advice on eliminating this problem?

2. flankadank

flankadank Private First Class

I finally figured this out myself. I thought I'd post the solution for the benefit of others.

First, let me give the details. The server I was trying to connect to was a Novell server. The workstations with the printer problem are running XP and connected to the network using Windows network client with services for netware installed in network properties.

It turns out that the extra page that was printing out with username on it was not a separator page, but a netware "banner page".

I went to Control Panel and opened the services for netware, labeled CSNW, and simply unchecked "print banner page".

Hope this helps someone else. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds