suicide bomber in UK

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by infoseeker, Aug 10, 2006.

1. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

its almost...........:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    LINK

:mad: infoseeker :mad:

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Latest I have just heard is that it looks like we will soon be unable to take on any hand luggage, AT ALL, except for your passport and medicines in a clear plastic envelope.

No laptop, no books, no newspaper, no nuttin'.

This is going to make the 20 hour flight from Australia to the UK or USA an even bigger PITA than it is now. Bazza

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Looks like that Bazza, they were talking about this this morning on the news, and saying things like Mothers would have to taste a babys milk in a bottle to prove its safe (indicating to me that any explosives they found when arresting people were in liquid form)

5. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

im thinking like this:
    in report, most of the target airplane is going to US, so in my calculation, the target is the US soil
    Maybe they are planning to trigger the bomb when the airplane is already in US soil while its going to land...

:( infoseeker :(

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Evening news was indicating that the explosive agent was heavier than sodas and other drinkable liquids .... so that two electrical probes from a disposible camera inserted into the bottom of the bottle would ignite it .....and that the plan was to detonate over us soil .

7. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Well the news yesterday morning said the plan was to detonate over the ocean so any forensic evidence would be destroyed but I'm not too sure how accurate that it.

8. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

I was catching the news this morning, laptops are a stable of the business class, and if they can't use their laptops during a 14 hours of flight they might as well video conference. Not to mention turning precious over to the gorillas under the deck. Airlines are working on changing that particular requirement, as they can NOT afford to loose that particular customer base.

9. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

They're also confiscating electronic key fobs ( for car alarms or locks). These devices are used to remotely detonate bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan so I suppose you could detonate exploding luggage in the hold of an aircraft.

10. bigbazza

I agree with all the electronic stuff (except laptops, or course, being selfish 'coz I love my laptop) but lots of explosives could be packed in a laptop.

But why books and newspapers? :confused: Bazza

11. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Just watching the evening news and it seems they are being incredibly thorough about Liquids being taken on board, you can't take any liquid on board on flights to the US even if its bought 'airside'

'Airsiside' apprenty is the area after you have checked in and is a secure area so you can buy books and things there that they will let you take on board. But still no liquids on US flights so I guess that throws some light on the type of device.

They've named some of the people who've been arrested here now.

12. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

<!-- Removed DUPE -->

13. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

All of the names were published in The Times today.

I'm supposed to be flying off to Corsica on Sunday....wonder if the flight will go ahead....

14. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

I didn't get a paper today lol, IM so busy at work that I only see the 6am news and the 10 pm news at the moment so I don't have much to work from.

Personally right now I wouldn't be getting on any plane whatsoever but I guess it depends where your flying from.

Heh didn't realise you were from the UK (wonder how big the UK MGs contingent is lol)

15. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I'm not going from Heathrow or Gatwick so should be ok in theory.

And yeh there's quite a fair few of us from UK :D

16. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I'll bet non of them are convicted,always happens like this they catch some so called terror suspects we're all in immediate danger and then they quietly get released without charge as the intelligence was wrong,at least they didnt shoot anyone this time :)

17. bigbazza

Bump. I guess things could be hidden in a Sunday paper :p because of their size. But books, it is a simple thing to xray a book or manually flick the pages, IMHO. Bazza

===

18. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Its been all over the news here,what they are saying is you can still buy everything like drinks,snacks and books after you have checked in

Ever payed £10 for a coke :)

19. Soeperman

Soeperman Private E-2

Went from Amsterdam to Schotland yesterday..
    Lot's of extra security.
    No handlugage was allowed. No camera's, no mobiles..
    (Handy, since there was an hour delay.. mobile phone could be handy to contact homefront.)
    When finally boarding the plane they were again checking extra bottles (tax free stuff) before entering the plane.
    A guy in front of me, had to throw away his lighter..
    If he did not do it, he could not get on the plane.

If this continues people cannot buy tax free stuff anymore

20. bigbazza

A duty (tax) free shop owner was on our TV yesterday worrying about the new restrictions. Alcohol and perfumery is about 50% of their business. Bazza

===

21. bigbazza

Just heard on the 6am news (here) that lots of luggage lost due to extra loading on the conveyors. Lots of people still haven't got their laptops back, either. :p Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds