Finally stable... I think

Discussion in 'Software' started by Petaluma, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

It has been 1 week since changing to Debian(lenny) and I am liking it.
    It took me along time going from distro to distro (I know I know that is not a way to solve a linux problem:-o) to finally come upon one that I could get working. (seemed to always be video or streaming related )
    Now I have found Lenny , I can watch all my streaming videos :-D
    Now I see the advantage to a Debian system and shall not stray...:-D

here a screen pic for ya
    old p4 w/1.7 ghz 1.5 gb memory (runs super)

Petaluma

Attached Files:

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Does it come with lots of rabbits? :-D

Glad you go it running! I tried a ton of 'nix versions a while back. Some worked some did not, and I am too lazy to try to 'fix' an OS. I don't think I ever tried a Debian one. Linux has gotten better with the newer releases for video and wireless.

Will have to get the penguin back on one of my boxes soon, will look into 'Lenny'.

3. smilinggeek

smilinggeek Private E-2

Yeah, Lenny is good. Might also try "Simply Mepis", which is Debian (latest based on Lenny) with a few tweaks and some added hardware detection stuff to make it a bit more user friendly.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds