Can not access BIOS on startup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mjtbbc, Aug 8, 2013.

1. mjtbbc

mjtbbc Private E-2

Good Afternoon!!
    I have been having some troubles with startup on my Samsung series 7 laptop. I did a clean install of Windows 7 ultimate because out of no where my computer stopped automatically restarting: after updates or when I clicked restart.
    The clean install went fine but still no auto reboot and when i press F2, which always took me to bios, not I get 3 options: Windows 7 or Memory Diagnostic or F8 for more options. I've done the mem test, i've done F8, repair computer and all other startup options with no luck. Start up repair comes back with error: if you have recently attached a new device to the computer please disconnect and try again. I have not attached any device...I one had the computer doing a dual boot and was using Fedora, I went back to windows ONLY but still could see Ubuntu & Fedora in my bios boot menu options... I have run any and all rootkit/malware tests, Avast I dont know what other info to give... I ran awsMBR.exe by avast and it stated MBR code unknown and no other issues.... Can someone help me out? I have chatted with both Samsung and Seagate regarding these issues and neither were of any help to me....

I appreciate your time!
    Michelline

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds