Malwarebytes Anti Malware Freeware

Discussion in 'Software' started by Duchess1977, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Duchess1977

Duchess1977 Private E-2

Hi. I'm a newbie, and I've been using Major Geeks as my main download site for quite a few years. This is the first time I've ever had to ask a question.

When I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti Malware, you have it listed as Freeware on the site, but I keep getting a message stating that my "trial period is ending" and my choices are either to purchase or enter a license code - which I don't have.

Any idea what I can do here? Is there another program that works as well as Malwarebytes Anti Malware that's actually free?

Thanks,
    Duchess1977:cool:

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome :)

Malwarebytes is freeware as a scanning tool. If you would like to use it as constant real time protection, you'll have to purchase the license for the pro version, which you won't find free anywhere (at least legal).

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Download the free version here https://www.malwarebytes.org/
    *** Be sure that when you install it, you remove anything asking about a limited trial for the Pro/Paid version.

You will have to update manually and scan because auto updating and scheduled scans are only available in the paid version.

4. oma

oma MajorGeek

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Thanks oma for linking to the correct uninstall tool.

6. oma

oma MajorGeek

You're welcome Plodr.

Just now I read this in the MBAM support forum: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/162858-questions-about-installation/
    So there are more options than the ones we wrote about in our previous posts.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds