incredimail won't open

Discussion in 'Software' started by shann, Apr 2, 2004.

1. shann

shann Private E-2

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Help!! Every time i click on incredimail it flashes on the task bar then goes away and will not open. I have been using it for about 1.5 years and everything i have is in there. I have spent about 4 days with 18 straight hours with no luck. Somebody has to know how to fix this probem.I cannot uninstall it as I don't want to lose anything. Please help!! i am using win 98. I have reloaded incredimail, uninstalled any new programs within the last 2 weeks and don't know where to go now.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi shann
    To fix incredimail without losing your email is difficult. In the first instance download the latest release. This will keep all your data together and you will lose nothing. However this sometimes does not work as it depends on why you lost the icon in the first place As there are many reasons of why this failure came about. For some people incredimail does not work at all and other people find it bullet proof and has never failed them. Get back to the forum and let us know how you get on and i will make further enquires for you, Or take xflat sound advice :)

3. shann

shann Private E-2

Incredimail

I have already reloaded it many times. I haven't lost the icon, it just won't open. The little envelope flashes for a moment then is gone. :(

4. shann

shann Private E-2

Incredimail

I will try that and then get back to you, it willprobably be tomorrow as iam now on my way to my second job. thank you

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  5. shann

shann Private E-2

incredimail

Thank you for the incrediconvert I moved the messages, uninstalled incredimail, cleaned the registry, have reloaded incredimail, but it still won't open. I also cannot import those messges that i saved into outlook. I am feeling soooooooo stupid, it's now been a week and a half I have been working on this. Any more imput from someone.

6. shann

shann Private E-2

It is a free version, and yes we all do things people warn us about :) As to th eoutlook comment, it means that when I open outlook I cannot open or bring the messages into it . They are in a backup folder tht I can open then there but not actually be in outlook, nor bring them and the folders into outlook.
    I will try whar you just said about the program files.

7. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Did you know that you can put nice stationary into Outlook and Outlook Express, without using a proggie like Incredimail, which IMHO is nothing but trouble? Just Go Here and download to your hearts content. :rolleyes:

8. shann

shann Private E-2

ok!!!!! One can never say tht I am not persistent!!!!! no firewall, have unistalled all spy ware programs , made sure NOTHING is left of incredimail, and spy checker program and just about anything else I can conceiveably think of, and still no luck getting this darn program to open. the little envelope just pops up in the task bar for a spit second and then just disappears. NOWWWW to even complicate things, since I used the incrediconvert and have saved the messages as oem's in a temp file how in the heaven do i get them into the Outlook mail program without resending them to myself????

9. NICK ADSL UK

Hi shann
    Regarding incredimail you must make sure the registry entry ELIA SHIM PROTECT is removed you will then find that a fresh install will work properly

10. shann

shann Private E-2

incredimail

no ELIA SHIM PROTECT in registry and still won't open properly.

11. NICK ADSL UK

12. shann

shann Private E-2

It was tht reg cleaner program that i downloaded and looked for that file and it did not find it. I will look again when I get home from work......... Frustration is beginning to be my middle name ..

13. NICK ADSL UK

Hi shann
    This is a screen shot of a successful install of incredimail plus the registry entry [ELIA SHIM PROTECT]
    Hope this helps you ?

14. NICK ADSL UK

Screen shot

15. shann

shann Private E-2

incrediamail won't open

Booo Hooo...... well I down loaded the reg cleaner, (had a different one) see everything on your scren shot and stillllllllllllllll it won't open.... Just that stupid little flashing envelope. I just don;t understand why it is doing this.

16. NICK ADSL UK

Hi shann
    If i am reading this right you have in your registry exactly the same entries as my screen shot? If this is the case you will need to do a through registry clean with this tool on VERY DEEP Reg Supreme Which can be found here
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4001.html
    So firstly uninstall incredimaiol making sure all of those entries in my screen shot are no longer there. Then use reg supreme then reinstall increidmail. There is no reason as to why this software causes problem's For a lot of people but it does. The author asked me months ago to beta test it of which i have been doing. And for the last year it in my experience has proved solid despite reservation's about spy ware within it. I beta test many programs and i treat all software the same and put a honest balanced judgment in my report. Lets hope the above will work? :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
  17. shann

shann Private E-2

Wellllll, it seems as if this dang program just down not want to work onmy system. I have tried everyting that everyone has told me to do. cleaned this system so much I' surprised it even worksssss, still no luck that stupid little envelope just pops open for a sec and then disappears. I really really liked this program when it was working. Maybe those of you that the company has aske dto run beta might be able to contact them since i can't get any help from them and ask them exactly while the heck it keeps doing this..I don't know whta else to do ,I have used every reg cleaner that they make it seems.

18. NICK ADSL UK

Hi shann :)
    I am sorry you are having this difficulty. I have been asking around for you and am afraid we have drawn a blank. I will of coarse continue to make inquires for you and hope at some point someone may have a answer. The irony is that myself have tried to replicate this condition and am having no joy at all. As i said in a earlier post some people find this software bullet proof and other's like yourself cant even install it. Bizarre to say the least

19. NICK ADSL UK

Hi shann :)
    Well there is a new update of incredimail just out you may care to try. Version 1465. Hope this fixes things for you my friend

Regards

20. NICK ADSL UK

Hi shann
    There is a new release just out which may help you
    Build 1471 - Released May 2, 2004

'Crash when importing messages from Outlook 2003' bug fix
    'IncrediMail application not loading' bug fix
    JunkFilter improvement - perform Message Rules before approving a sender
    Reactivating the JunkFilter enables updating of the 'Approved Senders' list
    New Welcome Letters (new installation only)
    http://www.incredimail.com/english/beta_testers.asp

21. NICK ADSL UK

22. IM Confused

IM Confused Private E-2

Please help! I am having this exact same problem, I don't want to have to format. I have tried everything listed in these posts. It still just gives a quick little flash in the system tray and thats all.
    I had IM for along time. I installed a program called WEB GAME SOLVER, which did nothing but tell me I didnt have the latest updates so when I did what it said it needed to reboot and that was the last time I saw incredimail. So I then removed that program thru control panel, incredimail still didnt return. I have reinstalled IM numerous times and nothting.Reg cleaners up the wazoo, what am I missing? Thanks for all you help in advance.
    _Trace_

23. NICK ADSL UK

Hi Trace :)
    This is my own tutorial of installing incredimail which have proved difficult for members. I have many success's with this so please do read it step by step
    First of all make sure you are using the latest version of incredimail which is [3501787] You will find the build number by clicking the tab help and then clicking on about incredimail. If you have not got the latest version then please do download the correct version from there website. When you have done that uninstall the version you have in add and removes in the control panel. once uninstalled you will need to delete some registry keys as this is what your problem is. You may have uninstalled the software but there are some keys left behind. Now go to START/ RUN/ And then type in the box REGEDIT This will open up the registry. Whatever you do only touch the keys in the following hives only. Right at the top of the registry you will see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE AND HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Please look in both hives. Tick on the plus which will open the hive now scroll down to see if this key is there ElaShm If it is delete. Then further scroll down to see if incredimail.is still there. If it is delete. Now close the registry down reboot the computer and install incredimail again. If you remain uncertain at any point then just post back. And remember when in the registry you do not touch any of the other hives or keys
    One final point when uninstalled do use a good registry cleaner like reg supreme which can be found here before trying to reinstall incredimail

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4001.html

Regards

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  24. IM Confused

IM Confused Private E-2

Nick,
    When you say HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then delete ELASHM is that in "software"?
    Do I delete the whole folder then for that and incredimail?

25. IM Confused

IM Confused Private E-2

Nick-
    I deleted the ELASHIM and INCREDIMAIL and reinstalled but still nothing. It still just flashes for a second and then its gone. What is strange is it will let me use Letter Creator. I can't get IM to launch or open at all it just flashes and disappears as quickly. I really dont want to format.
    _Trace_

26. NICK ADSL UK

Hi trace :)
    Yes it is
    Anything you find there which says incerdimail or ELASHM can be deleted
    Regards

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  27. NICK ADSL UK

Hi trace :)
    Also check out in regedit
    And see if incredimail has entires here as well! It may well have
    You could also take a look at this link which does help in certain cases
    http://www.rayshaw.im.com.au/article.aspx?ArticleKey=465

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  28. IM Confused

IM Confused Private E-2

ok I shall try again. Thank you nick. I keep missing you.

29. IM Confused

IM Confused Private E-2

Oh, I am so frustrated! I tried everything including running the reg supreme and what that site said regarding remove IM ...removed the registery's.. reboot and all that then reinstalled and its still the same just get the 2 second flash of IM in the system tray. I'll check the board again later...
    Thanks for your help
    _Trace_

30. IM Confused

IM Confused Private E-2

Well, after trying everything, the only way I could fix it was to format.:mad:
    But Thanks again for your help.
    Trace :cool:

31. NICK ADSL UK

Hi Trace :)
    Sorry to hear that you had to reformat. Not that it is working well look after it and do make sure when you clean that you use only propriety reg cleaners and drive cleaners and to shut the computer down correctly at all times especially if incredimail is running

Regards

32. bmmw7

bmmw7 Private E-2

Hi Trace,
    I had the same problem with you. My Incredimail didn't work, I could open it but it would be freezing right away. Later I clicked the icon, it flashed and didn't open at all. I emailed the customer service several time, never got any answer. I kept reinstalling/upgrading Incredimail (including Beta version), still no luck. It didn't work but the application slowed my computer down, it used a lot of memory!!! (Check Ctrl+Alt+Del ~Window Task Manager~ Processes, see the IMapp.exe)

Finally, I used Incrediconvert to copy all my emails to Outlook Express:

http://email.about.com/od/incredimailtips/ss/wt012403.htm

1. Launch IncrediConvert
    2. Click the Export toolbar button
    3. Highlight Desktop under Select output folder.
    4. Click Create new folder
    5. Hit Return
    6. Click Open folder
    7. For every folder inside exported mail
    8. Open the folder by double-clicking it
    9. Drag and drop them to the folder in Outlook Express
    10. You're done
    (I got all my emails back, now they are in Outlook Express)

then... completely remove Incredimail:
    http://www.rayshaw.im.com.au/article.aspx?ArticleKey=465

after that... delete all the Key Registry:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297069

It seems to work pretty well.
    And I don't want to use Incredimail anymore!!! Grrrrrrr!!!
    Hope this info help you to overcome your problem.

33. santachris

santachris Private E-2

I am having the same problem. I am a paid VIP member of incredimail and the response from customer support is a laugh. I like the features but need a email program that works. Hekp. Santachris

34. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to MG, but you would be better off starting a new thread than using an old one. Less confusing to all.

Lots of people (mainly ladies) love Incredimail.
    Lots of people hate it (mainly techy type people trying to remove it).

Your choice, but not for me. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds