Install Realtek hd audio driver failure

Discussion in 'Software' started by ainouta, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ainouta

ainouta Private E-2

Hi guys, im in a serious trouble here and i need help from you guys. My computer is working fine , but just recently , i've download the latest realtek driver,R228, from the realtek official website. During the installation , the program requires me to uninstall the current audio driver , which they did it automatically for me when i click the ok button. After they had uninstall my current driver , i reboot , following all the instructions given , and now im not able to install the realtek audio driver. I recieve "Install realtek hd audio driver failure error code : 0x00000057".

I did search for solutions for days, but all the solutions doesn't apply to me. I've tried the famous solution , which is to disable and uninstall the UAA driver, but the problem is, i don't even have the UAA driver in my device manager. Im using Window Vista business 32 bit. My motherboard is biostar g31-m7 te.

I've uninstall all the realtek drivers , and do a driver cleaning with a driver sweeper program. I've even disable the on-board audio in the bios setting.

Any idea how can i solve this problem? Really need help. Thanks alot in advance.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

OK- you need to enable the on-board audio in the BIOS. When the PC restarts and Vista loads, you will probably get an error about the audio driver not being able to be installed. This is OK. It means that the driver was removed completely. First you'll need to extract the driver you already downloaded. Download TUGzip. TUGzip can extract RAR files, ZIP files, 7zip files, many EXE files, and just about any archive or self-extracting archive you're likely to encounter. When installing TUGzip just click 'Next' all the way through. At the end of the install, there will be a little check-box for "Launch TUGzip"; go ahead and launch it; click "Next" all the way through again until you see a "Finish" button; there will be a column on the left side with a bunch of different archive formats; click the "Select All" button; click "Finish". A window will open that looks like an Explorer-type window, close it. Right click the file you downloaded (the file you want to extract) and click the 2nd upward pointing green arrow, it will say something like "Extract to: .\filename" and the file will extract to a folder of the same name. Then go to the Device Manager (right click Computer > Properties > Device Manager). Right click on the audio controller and select 'Update driver'; it will probably have a yellow exclamation point on it. Then make the appropriate selections to point the wizard to the folder you extracted earlier. The driver should install OK, then reboot the PC and all should be well. Unfortunately I don't have access to a Vista PC right now so I'm not sure of the exact selections you need to make to get the hardware wizard pointed at the extracted folder, but if you're patient and you read the given choices carefully, it should be fairly straightforward.
    Good luck!

3. ainouta

ainouta Private E-2

Hi , thanks for the reply. I've tried your solution , but still no luck. Firstly , i don't have any audio controller anymore , since i've uninstall everything. I've enabled back the on-board audio on BIOS , and the windows will start to prompt me that they have detect new driver and asked whether i wanted to install them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see , there is 2 driver detected. The unknown device is the realtek audio driver. The pci , is the high definition audio controller that i deleted "accidentally".

When i click install , obviously the install will fail due to incorrect parameters.
    [​IMG]

But in my device manager , i will have an unknown device listed under "Other devices".
    [​IMG]
    I've tried to right click on the unknown device , properties and browse for the file that i downloaded , but still no luck. I will get incorrect parameters error.

The unknown device is actually the realtek high definition audio driver, but i still cannot install it. Any other solutions?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

First, install your chipset drivers, you can download 'em from this direct link. Restart the PC when the install is done. Download the RealTek HD driver from this link. Extract it with TUGzip as described above. Go to the Device Manager and right click the device and select Update Driver (or reboot the PC so the 'Found New Hardware' window opens). When you see this window:
    [​IMG]
    Select the top choice for "Locate and install software". Then point it to the extracted sound driver you just downloaded. If this doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas.... good luck!

Be sure that any other sound drivers have been completely removed before starting this procedure.

5. Germonicus

Germonicus Private E-2

I had to register here purely to thank dlb for helping me solve a problem (no sound) that I've been struggling with for the past 24 hours.

I would never have checked in the Bios for onboard sound activation ,So thank you for that wonderful suggestion ....made me very happy and relieved :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds