New printer won't print

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MrMajeika, Oct 27, 2013.

1. MrMajeika

MrMajeika Private E-2

I have a desktop computer with Windows XP. I have just bought a new hp Deskjet 1010 printer. I have installed the printer but when i try to print nothing happens. The printer icon appears in the bottom right hand corner and when i click on it the status opens and it says spooling but then it disappears from the list and won't print. I have tried reinstalling but the same thing happens. When i insert the cd rom for the installation it says i need microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and it tries to install it but it doesn't work. I ran windows update and it came up with the .Net framework update but it also wouldn't work. Could this be why the printer isn't working? If so what can I do to fix this problem. I know hardly anything about computers so i will need step by step instructions if neccessary. Thanks

2. MrMajeika

MrMajeika Private E-2

ok scrap that last message. After someone in my house speaking to hp support they were not able to get it to work. They accessed the computer remotely and they changed loads of settings and now the computer is acting strange. The loading symbol seems to be constantly coming up. He changed some of the programs that start up, I think he altered it for all the programs and services to start up. I have changed some of it back but I am not sure if it is right. Also I don't know if it is a coincidence but I have a USB hub attached to the USB port at the front of the computer and it has now stopped working. The strange thing is that If i plug the wireless USB straight in to the computer, not through the hub, it works fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds