Friday Night is Curry Night

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by goldfish, Dec 8, 2006.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

After a conversation in the shoutbox last night, I think that it has been decided that Friday Night is Curry Night.

What shall I have tonight? A Masala? Rogan Josh? Perhaps a nice Korma? Firey Vindaloo?

Questions, questions.

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Rogan Josh, chick pea dahl, samosas, peshwari naan and aloo gobi, with a big mug of lassi to wash it down :D

3. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

:D I always order chicken tikka vindaloo,poppadoms and mango chutney,you get this white mistery sauce with green bits in,tastes good though:)

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

It's called raiti, Rikky, and is yoghurt, cucumber, mint with a hint of red chilli

6. Rikky

Yeh actually does taste like all those things lol :)

EDIT oh yeh a small tub of red onions

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ah I just had CURRY too, Chicken Masala, was ment to be King Prawn Masala but someone forgot and made it with chicken, my comment at dinner was "these prawns taste decidedly like chicken, is this a new variety of prawn?"

:)

but it was tasty all the same.

8. Rikky

I'm not into seafood,I think it takes over the flavour of the dish:confused: :)

EDIT If I get special fried rice from the chinese "fried rice with lots of different meats"I always ask for no seafood,to me prawns make everything taste like them:)

9. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I love seafood....seafood and eat it :)

For our american viewers....prawn=shrimp

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Oh Cheers for the translation Lev.. forgot about that :eek:

11. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Awesome.

Just got back from sainsbury's - and I've got everything I need
    Onion, pepper, lamb, bismati rice, rogan josh paste, red chilli, yoghurt, fresh mint, BEER, and other assorted bits and pieces (stuffed duvets and popadoms to name a couple).

All of it's organic so I'll see if that makes any difference.

12. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Put your webcam on so we can watch you get it together. Hmmm...got a Smellcam too? lol It's going to be like watching Emerill live lol

13. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

oh god i miss curry!! there are no curry houses on this island. none. chicken korma is my favorite. pilaf, naam bread, poppadoms, raita, onion barje. (yes i know i have spelt all or most of it wrong :) )

14. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Just finished it off - wow it was really good. The lamb was really, really good too. It should be considering it was £6! (then again I only used half of it, so £3). And raiti was made also, good combo with stuffed duvets and popadoms I can tell you.

*burp* mmmm, I'm happy now :)

EDIT: if I had set up a webcam you would have seen my dancing around my not very large kitchen to paniq, occasionally taking a swig of beer. Now that is how it should be done ;)

15. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I'm jealous...sat here with my twix and a bottle of water lol

16. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

That was me last night :p

17. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

Hubby's homemade curry, absolutely delicious! *droooooooooool* I wish I wasn't so full, I could so eat a lot more of that otherwise! :D

Any night is curry night, but friday especially! :)

18. theefool

theefool Geekified

Prawns and shrimp. Basically the same. But, all the shrimp I've seen were small, even the so called large/jumbo shrimp.

I've had prawns the half the size of my full keyboard before. :)

I'd go for the vindaloo (sp?). The hotter and spicier the better.

19. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

I usually do a homemade curry of some description at least two or three time a week. Also Chinese/Asian type food a few times week. May as well enjoy the fact the we have to eat several times a day, i.m.o.;)

20. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

In OZ we call em prawns mostly (well up north anyway)

Could never figure out why Paul Hogan called em shrimps? (aka: 'throw a shrimp on the barby')

We have huge 'prawn trawler' boats that head out every season between May and September, and its in saltwater???

Many different varieties: Banana Prawns, Tiger Prawns, Green Prawns, King Prawns.....

Maybe its a topic of personal preference?

Seafood Rocks!....and so does Curry!

Regards...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds