Win 7 No Longer Powering Down

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zooks, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Zooks

Zooks Private E-2

Hi I am pleased to join the forums!

I recently upgraded my PC from Windows XP to Windows 7. When it was first running, both the screen and the hard drive would power down after 30 minutes. During a Windows update it recommended I install "Cool & Quiet", which ended up not being able to run on my Core 2 Duo.

After that the Power Save option didn't work. The screen may have been shutting down, but the hard drive wasn't. I checked the Power Save options and changed the screen to 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes I just tried changing the hard drive from 30 to 10 minutes and it didn't do anything. The screen does go black. But the hard drive isn't powering down. Any ideas? Thanks, Zooks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds