building a computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eric06, Sep 6, 2004.

1. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

hey guys, i was wondering if anybody knows a good turtorial site to show me (step by step) how to build a computer. this is my first build so i need a very detailed tutorial thats starts with buying all the materials so i don't leave something out or screw up or get lost. thanks alot guys.

eric

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

awsome. thanks alot halo, i really appreciate the info and quick reply.

eric

4. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

hey halo, i was wondering if you know of any computer part sites that have alot of neon, newegg doesn't have very many. i really appreciate your help.

eric

5. mozzar

mozzar Private E-2

if you live near enough to me i can give you a free tutorial on how to build a new computer and it will be better then any tutorial. :cool:

6. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

www.xoxide.com

They have a lot of cool stuff! :)

Also try ebay. If you buy more then one thing at a time. It is usually a good deal!

:cool:

cooked

7. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

thanks guys.

eric

8. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

www.frozencpu.com has cool stuff i havent ordered from them ... but im gonna ... so i hope they are reliable ... ive heard positive feedback from buyers so that is a good sign

9. FinalJason823

FinalJason823 Private E-2

If you want neat neon or UV effects, allow me to reccomend a DFI Lan Party motherboard....depending what type of PC you want that is. They don't make Athlon 64 boards yet.

10. FinalJason823

FinalJason823 Private E-2

Also www.shadowmajik.com is a really awesome website to order from as well as PCtoys.com. Both are really reliable and very friendly people too, shadowmajik.com sent me a new UV Autobots logo even though the botched install was kind of my fault and I have always ordered all of my case badges and appliques from them for myself and anyone else I build a PC for.

11. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Depends where in the world are you.... if UK then I could pass on a few links... but if the USA, then some of the others will know better places than me, Frozencpu is one I have heard good things from tho! http://www.coolerguys.com/ is the other.

also try Majorgeeks Pricegrabber.. in accessories are neon tubes.. or in search type neon ;) http://majorgeeks.pricegrabber.com/home_comp.php

12. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Some great links posted already.
    It doesent hurt to read from several sources.
    In the sept Issue of PC World magazine is an artical on such.

13. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

awsome. thanks for all the help guys. i really appreciate it.

eric

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds