Recharging Ni-MH batteries

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by augiedoggie, Jul 27, 2007.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

OK, the last few times that I recharged my batteries they got so hot that they're too hot to handle right away after finishing the charge. They also don't seem to hold a charge as well as before, some three years old but only recharged some 50 times. Are they toasted or is there a way to bring them back? I'm just worried about the charger and /or cam getting damaged. TIA

2. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Sounds like too much current during charge. Are the charger and batteries matched? Combat robotics has quite a bit of experience with batteries, since a bout is made or lost on batteries sometimes. I might be able to pass on these questions to folks with a bit more experience.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Do 2 google searches.
    " Recharging Ni-MH batteries"
    and
    " Recharging NiMH batteries"

lots of info there. Might help. Bazza

===

4. augiedoggie

Thanks for the response Bill, they were bought as a set and I'll check that site too for extra info.

5. augiedoggie

Hmm, I did google first but not with those terms. Thanks BB.

6. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Hope those links threw some light on your problem. Keep us informed as lots of us use re-chargeables and it all adds to our knowledge. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds