connect OSPF to RIP networks ! help me !!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by medo, Apr 12, 2012.

1. medo

medo Private E-2

Hi
    I have a project of how to connect different networks with different protocols together as the following picture explains :

[​IMG]

but when I completed every thing like addressing and configuring the routers of the different protocols , I had a problem I don't know where :(

in the VLSM network I made a summary for the different networks and configured the routers as static but I still can't ping any computer from different networks !!

I have the project of the packet tracer program on the following link

http://www.4shared.com/file/Yv0yRz5g/project_2.html

plz any one can help me

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

You really need to do your own homework.

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Or at least work harder at fooling us that its not an assignment! But really, the more homework you do yourself, the easier your ccna will be to pass.

4. medo

medo Private E-2

ohhh
    I looked for some help
    I didn't ask u guys to do my homework , and am not fooling u guys over there
    I'm missing something in my work and I didn't find it
    so am just asking u to point me to my error .

anyway

this is an assignment for a course called Advanced Network
    any way thank u helpless guys

5. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Maybe you can Yahoo, Bing, or google it.

6. medo

medo Private E-2

never mind
    I solved the problem

7. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

I take it that you found out that someone else asked the same homework question on here back in 2010, and just Plagiarized the info reaped from the answer. Hope you realize that your instructor most likely will see right through that you did not actually do the work.

8. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I didn't know these forums had a rule on what kind of questions (outside of piracy) we were supposed to help with. People come here for help and I thought that was what 'we' provided. I guess no one here ever had a problem that they went to google and found an answer for, eh? Imagine if google answered back with a message "You are behind a corporate IP, sorry no free help for you". I think we'd see a whole lot of IT people holding "will work for bandwidth" signs next to the highways.

I'll never be the first to cast that stone.

9. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

foogoo, you can tell when someone has a legitimate problem or question, and when a person is trying to get others to do their "homework" for them, or at least give them answers. There is also a right way and a wrong way to get help with said homework, which the OP did not either know how to do it, or decided that they would just lay it all out on the table, and that people would not care.

10. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I don't want this to be a flame war, but the kid DID do his homework he had the routers config'd and got stuck and went to find help. I never told my son I wouldn't help him when he was stuck.
    I guess I just took offense to the way he was attacked when he came here for help, just like many people do everyday. I guess we need a sticky informing people that 'homework' questions are not legit.

Medo, just let me apologize, usually the people who visit MG and offer help are a little more understanding & helpful. Don't be afraid to post again.

11. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

foogoo, you are missing the point. No one attacked the OP. It was simply stated that they need to do their own homework. Now of course, it would have been different if they would have stated "Hey, I am having a problem figuring such and such out. Here is an example of what I have to figure out." That would have been the better approach, than having people do their whole project for them. A person will never learn if other people do the work. Especially something like the CCNA.

And if they would have done a simple search, they could have found this on Cisco. http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Internetwork_Design_Guide_--_RIP_and_OSPF_Redistribution

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds