Network Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ccgsolutions, Mar 15, 2005.

1. ccgsolutions

ccgsolutions Private E-2

Hi,

I have two computers in a hard wired network one with Xp home and one with xp pro. The Xp home can see the pro machine and has full access. The pro machine, although it can see the home machine, cant access it.

The following error message comes up:

\\pc01 is not accessible. Youmay not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this service to find out if you have access permissions.

Access is denied.

I have uninstalled Zone alarm pro on the home machine but to no avail. I have also looked at the settings which seem fine.

Please help.

ccg.

2. Steak and Eggs

Steak and Eggs Private First Class

Having sort of the same problem. On one of my computers, I can see the files im sharing from that same computer, but the other computer cannot see the other computer, both thave same workgroup name and everything. Both are windows xp home, and one of them has sp2 and the other doesn't. If you need any more info, then please ask because I dont know what ya'll need to know to help me fix, understand? lol.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds