Outlook Express Deleted all messages, not just those in "deleted files"

Discussion in 'Software' started by NAS, Jul 26, 2006.

1. NAS

NAS Private E-2

I have a Dell dimension 5100, running XP Pro SP2 and Outlook Express 6.
    Over 1300 messages had accumulated in my "Deleted files" folder. When I
    right clicked on the folder title, it asked if I wanted to delete all files in that folder. I clicked "yes" but to my dismay, EVERY MESSAGE was deleted, including everything in my inbox.

How can I get the desired files back again? I need them for business.

Help!!

2. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

At the risk of asking a stupid question, have you tried using the restore function on the Recycle Bin, or did they not go there?

3. NAS

NAS Private E-2

Thanks for asking bec. I didn't think of that. I just checked, and they didn't go there. It was a good idea, though.

4. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Go to system restore and restore to a point prior to your deletion and they should all reappear. Hope that helps

5. you can pay for a progam, i advise to do so immediently and not do anything on that computer till then because it may overwrite them.
    http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/
    try it for free and if it finds them, you can buy it and get your files back.
    -aAron

6. NAS

NAS Private E-2

Thanks, BCGray and neighboraaron! Both those options are promising, and I am certain the files will be recovered. What a relief! Thanks to all who responded, and to those who read this and thought about a possible solution for me but was already recommended by someone else.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds