zucker-bust!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CatT, May 22, 2012.

1. CatT

CatT I can't follow the rules

i can't believe there isn't a thread on the facebook IPO. oh well, there is now....

anyway, i just wanted to point out the fact that Zuckerberg has lost $2 billion since getting married.

word to the wise!

:-D

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

[​IMG]

His wife looks like she's been kidnapped by Facebook heavies and forced into marriage.:-D

That or she wants to get home to water the crops.

3. CatT

for half of $19 billion they can kidnap me....

few more days like yesterday, tho, and he'll be down to zero!

4. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I'm sure there is a hearty prenup involved. Zuck ain't no fool :-D

5. CatT

oops, spoke too soon -- another $1.9b down the drain today.

running total: $3.9b lost since he got married.

i'm just sayin'. :p

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

This IPO was over priced by a large margin, hence the legal case being brought against Facebook and the underwriters (Morgan Stanley).

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-24/facebook-ipo-debacle-triggers-legal-debate.html if this gains traction and goes to court then the stock will drop again.

For me and it would have been one stock I would have avoided like the plague is that while initial profits per stock you may make, say in next 5yrs or so, the long game is that social networking has a limited shelf life for me.

Why I say limited is that unless they come up with new avenues to develop the product, so mobile apps is one such area that will expand, the other is that social networking is under the spotlight in reguards of privacy and potentially legal wranglings over IP. I can see social networks coming under som pressure from the EU Commission and possibly US regulators at some point which will harm stock....only got to think back to the dot com bubble burst! and I think we are close to another in 5yrs as data protection and IP lawsuits are gaining momentum.

7. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

I don't know. Considering the general feeling seems to be that once it's out there, it should be out there forever.

3.9b? Normally it takes years to start loosing money that fast.

8. CatT

anticipating the future, i am hereby coining "my facebook share" as a slang alternative to "my two cents".

who's with me?!

9. CatT

another sterling day on wall st. zucks is now up to $4.8 billion losses and just fell off the "world's top 40 richest" list.

poor boy.

http://www.geekosystem.com/zuckerberg-wealth-widget

update seems to have stopped as of yesterday. even the widget needs time to cry.

10. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I am sure he still aint feeling short of funds yet.

11. randommayham

randommayham Private E-2

Oh, poor Suckerberg is crying all the way to the bank because of the poor performance of Facebook!! :cry

12. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Didn't help that the lead underwriter, Morgan Stanley, told it's investors prior to the IPO that the stock was overvalued and lowered it's estimates.

If I were Zuck, I would sue them for market manipulation....of course, that is if the SEC doesn't get to them first.

Word has it on the street, secret negotiations with the NYSE to delist from NASDAQ and goto the NYSE. Probably wouldn't hurt.

13. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ouch at $27.40 -$2.20 (7.26%) down today at present that is surely a sign that this share as I mentioned was over priced at the start, the company had no clear direction to where it would be in 10yrs,

I think the share price should have been $10 max

Dont think FB are clear of this also as Morgan S, will have been in contact with FB throughout the setup of the IPO and it would have been FB board that ok'd the IPO release price with admittidly advice from Morgan S and others, but the buck rests with Facebook board.

if they delist from one market to the other then that is a nasty sign to investors that the share is volitile and to stear clear of and will drop the price I would guesstimate by $5 on the day if they do this..... death nail to a company is delisting.

14. randommayham

randommayham Private E-2

LOL - "fell off the world's top 40 richest list"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds