Problems with Windows XP in Virtual PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by wjriv, Aug 24, 2006.

1. wjriv

wjriv Private E-2

Hi, I have been using Virtual PC 7 on my Mac runing the Windows XP Home SP2.
    Just recently I have been asked to Re-Activate Windows XP. I have tried to put in the serial number that came with the program, but it tells me to reactivate it by phone. So I have done that and everything should be ok, right?

Seems like everytime I restart Windows (maybe every other time), I get this message which says that I need to Re-Activate Windows.. (Wait, didn't I just do this?) Ok, After the 5th Re-Activation, this is getting a little tiresome.

Does anyone know how I can disable this message asking me to Re-Activate my Windows XP (Now that it has been Re-Activated at least 5 more times by phone.) It keeps telling me that I have made some major hardware changes to Windows. The only thing that I have done is restart or reboot the program. What is causing this to do this? Anyone know how to fix this problem, once and for all? The Windows XP came with my Virtural PC program Version 6 and I have upgraded to Version 7.2 or whatever is the latest version. This is really getting annoying.

Please post any information that could help me. Thanks.

John

2. geekygeek

geekygeek Private E-2

oh hey...i m sorry but i dunnoe how to help...but i saw that u r using virtual pc...

it actually lets a powermac g4 run windows on it too rite?

where to dl the virtual pc for mac....or do u have the cd to lend ?

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Believe it or not, this is more a Windows issue, than a Mac issue.

Moving your thread to Software.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Go into msconfig.

start, run, msconfig.

Click on services.

Check Hide All Microsoft services.

List what is left.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds