Red Solid Light on my Video Card!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jebus11, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Jebus11

Jebus11 Private E-2

Well, Lets start from where this all happened, I was waiting for my favorite anime to come out with english subs, when iseen a link to it, but it was not it, and it led me to a webpage that didnt load, ibelieve this is where i got the virus.

So my computer started doing horrible things such as opening IE with ads and then The DEP(Data execution prevention?) sent me a message and then explorer crashed. So i had firefox up, but no desktop items or task bar.

Where we are now, is, my computer (as long as the PSU is on and the cord plugged in) the fans and leds are on and there is a red solid on, near the rear of my video card. There is also a red light LED on somewhere in my case, its connected to a wire, i think its just the lights from the front of the case that fell out, so that red LED is also on until i hit the power button and then my computer "starts up" and the red hanging led from the front of the case goes off and i heard my hard disk start spinning. There is no way for me to have my computer not be powered up with fans and leds on without unplugging/switching off the PSU, not even with holding down the power button. I tried clearign the CMOS by moving the jumper thing over and to no avail.

My spec as far as i can remember are.

Vid card: Sapphired RAdeon x1900 GT
    Mobo: Asus a8n-e
    Power Supply : ThermalTake TR2-500 ATX 12v 2.0

This is one of the first times spyware/virus's have actually rendered my computer unusable. I feel so weak and vulnerable /cry.

Also, the light on my MOBO is green so i dont believe its a fried mobo, also, my cd-rom works also.

Thank you for your help,
    Jerry

PS: I'm using my laptop to access the internet now. And i do have a windows disc for my PC, but i can't see anything on the screen so i can't really use it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  2. Jebus11

Jebus11 Private E-2

I should add that the computer is 2 years old, and that when i start it up that the screen acts like its about to show something (powers up) and then it just shows the orange light, likeits on standby. (its a semi old dell monitor)

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Well, your screen is not getting a signal, that's why it looks like it's in stanby. Check your connections first, reseat your video card(power off of course) and if you can then install a different vid card to see if yours is fried.

4. Jebus11

Jebus11 Private E-2

Im not sure if it is that my screen is not getting a signal, because if i unplug it form the vid card, it says on the screen no signal... but you are prolly right. and yeah, i was going to see if an old VId card i had would work, but its not the right slot. So i guess, i just gotta find a vid card that will fit and try that out, ive already disconnected my current card and reconnected it and the such.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds