Video capturing...I'm so frustrated!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by dazedandconfuzed, Jul 10, 2012.

1. dazedandconfuzed

dazedandconfuzed Private First Class

ARGHHHH!!!! I'm so frustrated!! :cry I have an old video camera, the kind that records directly onto a full size VHS tape. I have the EasyCap Video Capture USB 2.0 and Ulead Video Studio 7. I used it last year and transferred a couple of tapes to my pc, then burned DVD's. I decided to finish transferring all of my tapes, but now I'm having a problem. I connected my video camera via the RCA plugs on the EasyCap, then connected the EasyCap to my pc via a usb port. When I open the movie wizard it shows the device in the list (Syntek STK1160). However, when I click on "Capture", the program starts, but the preview screen stays black. After 10 seconds it stops and I get a pop-up window that says "Either no video capture driver is installed in this system or no device is connected". When I go to Device Manager and click on imaging devices, Syntek isn't listed. I've unintsalled the program, then reinstalled.

We've had several family members pass, and I'm the only one that has them on video. Their children are asking me for copies of the tapes. :(

Does anyone here have any suggestions? Please???

Thanks in advance!

2. dazedandconfuzed

Oops...should have included more info. I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Desktop.

I came across this on a Microsoft support page, do you think it applies to my situation?

3. dazedandconfuzed

Thanks gloozit. I will try the uninstall/reinstall again, but I've done that once and it didn't help. :(

4. dazedandconfuzed

Okay...this is apparently what's happening:

Any suggestions??? Anyone??? :cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds