Question Regarding Microsoft Office 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by malmsteen, Apr 1, 2007.

1. malmsteen

malmsteen Private First Class

Hi there !!!
    I have Microsoft Office 2003 installed on my machine, and i could access it from all the 3 different User accounts in the computer., without any problems.
    But, last night, i created a new UserAccount, and tried to use Office from there, it says that the application is on a network source which is not accessible. It advices to browse to the folder which contains the installation-package PRO11.MSI

I have looked for it everywhere, but couldnt find it. I had this issue in my other computer as well, with exactly the same message.

Anyone knows how to go about it ??? Help would be gladly appreciated. :) :)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

You may need to unhide files as PRO11.MSI is in a hidden MSO folder on C: if you didnt untick the option when installing office to save the installer files to HD, if not unhidden the installer will not find that file, came across this a few times with using multiple users and office, otherwise its on the office cd.

3. malmsteen

malmsteen Private First Class

Oh yeah !!! Its working now.
    I did as u said, enabled Hidden files and folders, but still couldnt find PRO11.MSI. So, i tried with the Office CD , and it worked that way.
    Im guessing, that PRO11.MSI is in the CD itself.

Thanx for ur help. ;) ;) ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds