Help Finding the Correct Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by dgfty124, Dec 2, 2007.

1. dgfty124

dgfty124 Private E-2

I had a post earlier in which someone was very helpful regarding a separate driver.. But anyway, I have a PC running on Windows 98 (May be SE, the computer doesn't really specify but the other driver for the jumpdrive worked on it and it was supposed to be for SE, so..) that I am using for storage purposes but I need it to at least recognize a Fostex MR-8 Multitrack Rrecorder, this is the old one that was red. If someone can help me locate the device driver for this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Had a look around for this but none seem listed at an Fostex website, specs of product are for Win ME, 2K, XP http://www.fostexusa.com/faqtopic.php?id=28&faqsword=mr8&product=

Best bet is to email Fostex support and ask if they have an thoughts on workarounds, but likely direct connection and using the MR8 as a removable drive are likely not to happen, only route is via a Win98 compatible CF Card and copy data to the CF card and then to the MR8.. BUT I not thinking your wishing to mess that much, much prefer the direct link.

3. dgfty124

dgfty124 Private E-2

Thanks a lot. I don't think it will be that big of a hassle. I do have one question though, when you run the WAV files through the card reader is there any compression, alteration or any other loss of fidelity?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Files should be same as the original copy on your HD, never noticed any loss of quality in sound or image files when transported via flashmedia.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds