Acresso Software Manager Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by SusieB, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SusieB

SusieB Private E-2

I keep getting this message:
    "Acresso Software Manager has stopped working
    A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly"

I did a search for any Acresso file and came up with this:

NewShortcut1.D5A09942_925E_44C9_979D_D78D19ABF629.exe

It's in this folder
    C:\Windows\ installer

It's date was Dec 20th which was when I installed some new software, Paper Port 12

This keeps happening so many times each day that it is so annoying

Can I safely delete this file?
    If not, is there a fix so this will not keep popping up

Thanks so much
    Susie

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

This is software with PP12 installer's that is used to check for updates.
    Open PP12 and examine the configuration choices. If you have the option to check for updates, uncheck/untick that choice.
    If you do not see this option, then install WinPatrol. http://majorgeeks.com/WinPatrol_d3380.html
    Not only will this program allow you to stop it from loading at startup but every time you install a new program, WinPatrol will note everything that wants to run at startup and will ask you if you wish to allow or deny it.
    Screenshot of the program showing all the tabs http://www.winpatrol.com/mediakit/wpstartup640.jpg

3. SusieB

SusieB Private E-2

Thanks so much for the quick reply....I will try what you suggest.
    Cheerio
    Susie

4. SusieB

SusieB Private E-2

Well...I tried what was suggested and couldn't find anywhere where I could change anything in PaperPort
    So I d/led and installed WinPatrol
    I didn't find it under 'Start Up Programs' but under 'Recent' and disabled it from there:-D
    WinPatrol is a nifty lil program...small footprint and gives great control over what is installed on your computer.
    Thanks again
    SusieB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds