having driver Qualcomm cdma issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Xnitro67, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

So im going back to Windows 7 because my laptop was originally was win7 plus is has more compatibility than windows 8 (games and programs). also i had my phones usb tethering working before now im having this driver issue for when the phone is set to tethered call even though i have looked around for it doesnt seem to help. So far i used DriverPack Solutions and it found some but didnt get it all but otherwise it did update/install somethings for the laptop itself.

Heres what in device manager:
    Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM (theres 3 of them)
    Qualcomm HS-USB Modem 9001

driver solution found the Modem one but didnt do much. wish to get this working so incase power goes out or im not home away from wifi.

Computer specs:
    Dell inspiron n5110
    windows 7 home premium 64-bit

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Driver Packs are never the way to go really if you wish to get the original drivers that come with a PC/Laptop as they can never account for all variables that a specific model computer can have, so always best to go to the original maker of the computer and install their drivers.

Is your Windows 7 at Service Pack 1? if not update.

I would install the Chipset driver HERE first and reboot, then install the wireless driver HERE, and Modem HERE reboot and check device manager for any yellow ! marks and let us know what you have.

If the wireless is not working after this then please give us your Service Tag number as their are 4 different Wireless drivers that could have come with that model Dell Laptop.

Original driver list HERE for your model Dell.

3. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

i am now installing SP1 for win7 but the modem link doesnt work not the download but the driver just says could not find modem device but really im not sure if this driver would be related to my phones usb tethering thats what im really after but first im going to this driver done first

4. DavidGP

Hi

What mobile phone make and model do you have?

Check in Device Manager and do the listings for Qualcomm have yellow ! marks next to them at all?

While in Device Manager right click and choose properties on any of the drivers, and then click the Details Tab and then in the top dropdown choose Hardware IDs and then copy the text and the box and post it for us.

5. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

samsung focus 2 ATT i667

Also i dont think driver solutions installed the right ones except for that COM port for the samsung

Yes and they are:
    USB\VID_05C6&PID_9001&REV_0000&MI_00
    USB\VID_05C6&PID_9001&MI_00
    USB\VID_05C6&PID_9001&REV_0000&MI_01
    USB\VID_05C6&PID_9001&MI_01
    USB\VID_05C6&PID_9001&REV_0000&MI_02
    USB\VID_05C6&PID_9001&MI_00

Driver solutions still picks up the drivers. i also uploaded some pics

Attached Files:

6. DavidGP

Hi

Great on the phone info and as a Windows Phone, do you have the option in "options" to turn on Internet Sharing as that would be your tethering to share your mobile internet.

Is your phone fully updated to WP7.5 aka Mango software? if you click Options then zip down to About then click "More Information" and the OS version should be 7.10.8773.98 if Mango version is installed.

I do know some mobile providers that licence phones (those with the mobile providers logo on the phone case) do disable some features sadly.

I have a HTC HD2, HTC HD7 and Nokia Lumia 920 and that's how I share internet, as its not via the USB cable. Basically you use the phone as a wifi router.

7. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

i have the option but the account is not set im only on 2gb lte plan. this did work before i took out win7 completely before windows 8 but i have no idea what i did that made it work i just installed stuff for it but also it was the samsung focus flash and yes ive looked around to see about the tethering couldnt find it. You like he Lumia920?

8. DavidGP

Hi

Yes on the Lumia 920, fantastic phone.

I will keep looking for a solution to your drivers, but what I would suggest as you used driver packs, is to uninstall them from Device Manager (right click and uninstall) and reboot, then plug in your phone and see if Windows can pick up drivers itself as Windows 7 & 8 are not bad at this, that is if drivers are available.

9. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

heres an interesting point the code that the modem sends is what could be the problem look at this link:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12207268 about half way down look at agenthobo's post do remember this code working before but it seems in the logs it does not change

From Log:
    From what i see on the sending ATE part it should be: AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”wap.cingular”
    or something like that

Hope this helps out

Attached Files:

10. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

i hate doing this but i figured it out....i changed the phone from usb tethed call to QC modem Qualcomm phone reset plugged in the usb install from driver solutions and tried connecting and it went through. im using 4G im getting 4Mb up 1Mb down Megabits

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds