New with Question on Unistalling AOL

Discussion in 'Software' started by kf4mat, Jan 28, 2006.

1. kf4mat

kf4mat Private E-2

Hi All, Just registered here today and wanted to say how glad I am to have found this site.

I'm sure this question has been answered before but my searches aren't working (poor wording on my part ??). My laptop came with AOL installed and I can't get rid of it. The add/remove window says it is taking up 68.27 MB and when I click on the Change/Remove button it starts AOL's uninstall wizard however after it searches for a minute it tells me no installed versions were found.

I find it hard to believe that I have to install that crap before I can get rid it please tell me there is an easier way.

Thanks in advance and I promise to work on creating better searches so as not to annoy:)

P.S. how come this forum takes me back to the log on screen every time I try to do something??? I've logged on but if I try to post or search it makes me log in again and again.

Tom

2. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I found the same problem while attempting to clean up by Brother-in-law's PC last weekend. I had to uninstall all the AOL programs below that one first. Then Deleted the AOL files in the Programs folder. Probably not the best way but it worked.

I found this tool which may be a better option... http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4535

Good Luck.

3. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Welcome:) and on your PS - Click the Remember Me button right above the Log in button.

4. kf4mat

kf4mat Private E-2

I was going the same route, maybe if I ad deleted the main file first it would have taken them all out at once. Not sure about the download, I may be reading it imcorrectly but it looks like it deletes AOL crap only if the stuff is installed.

Thanks again,

Tom

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds