write protected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slydon, Dec 20, 2006.

1. slydon

slydon Private First Class

How do you remove write protection for cd's and dvd's? I put one item on my cd and I can't add because it says it is write protected.

Don

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I don't thank you can remove write protection form CD's and DVD's

3. slydon

slydon Private First Class

I just don't understand then why this happens. I put a blank cd into the tray and put a file on it. Now when I put the cd back in it says I can't add to it because it is read only. What made it read only? I have been putting info on cd's for a long time and then adding to them later. Now I can't. Can someone explain why.

Don

4. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

syldon, lol, this is impossible. You can only write (burn) on a CD once, unless it's Rewritable. Even on Re-writables you can burn only two or three times.

5. eyeblazin

eyeblazin Private First Class

Before burning to a new CD you need to make sure that you check the multi-session box in the software. You can then add to the cd but you cannot change the files already on it. If you use CD-RW's you can change the files as long as it is marked as multi-session and add or remove other files. I have written to the same CD-RW multiple times, as many as 24 or more times as long as it is not full.

6. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

I have one brain cell and it doesn't even work :). Eye is right if you use Nero to burn CDs you can make multisession disks. Dunno if all other burning software has that feature.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds