Stop: C0000221 {bad Image Checksum}

Discussion in 'Software' started by desolatetear, Sep 19, 2004.

1. desolatetear

desolatetear Private E-2

My friend recieves this message when he starts his computer

STOP: C0000221 {BAD IMAGE CHECKSUM} The image olesvr32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

He gets the blue screen of death everytime he starts his computer.

Anybody know how to fix this or replace that file?
    Please help me- Desolatetear

2. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

You should be able to find that file in any XP computer in the "C:\windows\system32" directory. Copy it onto a floppy disk from a known good computer.

Now, if the computer in question is formatted as FAT32, you can use a Win98SE/ME boot disk to boot to the "C:\" prompt. You can then copy the good file into the 'system32' directory mentioned above. Hopefully, when you restart the computer will work normally, unless other files have been corrupted as well.

If it's formatted as NTFS, then you'll need to use the 3 or 4 NTFS boot disks required to boot the computer. You can get them from www.bootdisk.com , or maybe even here somewhere...I'm new & don't know what's all on this site yet.

3. desolatetear

desolatetear Private E-2

Thank you i will try this tomarro and let you know if it worked

4. Mad_Max0290

Mad_Max0290 Private E-2

I get the same problem only mine says it is the WINTRUST.dll file is possibly corrupt. I am unable to access any of the computers files. When attempting to repair, or re-install I get a no hard drive installed message. Can you help me out with this?

Thanks

5. dimi

dimi Private E-2

Re: Stop: C0000221 {bad Image Checksum}

THE IMAGE CRYPT32.DLL IS POSSIBLY CORRUPT. THE HEADER CHECKSUM DOES NOT MATCH THE COMPUTER CHECKSUM. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT.
    THANKS

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds